Wine enthusiasts whose interest in wine goes beyond the occasional drink inevitably find themselves weighing up their options with regards to the ideal wine cooler. We’re now living in a wine-lovers’ world where old-style, underground or basement wine coolers are very quickly being replaced by or complemented with freestanding, countertop and built-in electric wine coolers. Consequently, certain wine cooler manufacturers seek to dominate the market or at least justify their desire for increased market share. One such manufacturer is Koldfront, which produces a range of wine coolers for every need. Check out our Koldfront Wine Cooler reviews to possibly find the perfect cooler for your specific needs.
Top Rated Koldfront Wine Coolers
- KOLDFRONT 24 BOTTLE FREE STANDING DUAL ZONE WINE COOLER
- PRICE $
- CAPACITY : 24 Bottles
- Product Dimensions : 33.5" H x 14" W x 22.25" D
- Adjustable Temperature Range : 54-66°F
- Number of Shelves : 6
- KOLDFRONT 18 BOTTLE FREE STANDING DUAL ZONE WINE COOLER
- PRICE $
- CAPACITY : 18 Bottles
- Product Dimensions : 25.33" H x 14" W x 22.25" D
- Adjustable Temperature Range : 54-66°F
- Number of Shelves : 4
- KOLDFRONT 16 BOTTLE THERMOELECTRIC WINE COOLER
- PRICE $
- CAPACITY : 16 Bottles
- Product Dimensions : 20 1/2" H x 17 1/4" W x 20 1/4" D
- Adjustable Temperature Range : 52 – 64°F
- Number of Shelves : 3
- KOLDFRONT 32 BOTTLE FREE STANDING DUAL ZONE WINE COOLER
- PRICE $
- CAPACITY : 32 Bottles
- Product Dimensions : 33.5" H x 15.75" W x 22.5" D
- Adjustable Temperature Range : 54-66°F
- Number of Shelves : 6
Koldfront 24 Bottle Free Standing Dual Zone Wine Cooler
The budding or intermediate wine collector and enthusiast will definitely take a liking to this 24-bottle dual temperature zone cooler, mainly because it is built to store a good selection of your red, white and sparkling wine varieties.
Thermoelectric cooling comes together with a very attractive-looking, freestanding unit to deliver quiet operation. The unit’s efficiency shines through in its temperature ranges; 54 to 66F for the top zone and 46 to 66F for the bottom zone. Wooden shelving adds a certain air of classic class to the display, while the integrated LED interior light sets the tone for a great wine experience.
- The unit goes about its cooling business in a nice and quiet manner, after a very easy setup process
- The control panel’s central location and the cooling zone-specific temperature display make it easy to monitor and tweak the temperature for each cooling zone
- The cooler is impressively efficient with the way in which it uses energy, largely due to the integrated thermoelectric cooling system
- It would have been nice to have this particular wine cooler fit bigger bottles, such as those of Champagne or Pinot Noir
- It’s a bit of a mission to fill pack in your bottles because you have to open the door completely, something which lets out a lot of cool air and also limits the places you can house the cooler
Setting this wine cooler up is as easy as pretty much just unpacking it and plugging it in. It will give you a solid performance while blending in with your other kitchen appliances and décor. It’s well made and also comes in some good packaging to preserve its original life expectancy.
Koldfront 18 Bottle Free Standing Dual Zone Wine Cooler
Boasting the ability to achieve a temperature range of 54 to 66F (top zone) and 46 to 66F (bottom zone), this cooler’s design parades some of the contemporary styling synonymous with the manufacturer’s 7 Series range of wine coolers. A stainless steel trimmed, tempered glass door easily complements a wide range of interior décor styles, while the two temperature zones get on with the job of chilling your reds and wines to perfection.
- Two independent temperature zones are always great for their intended purpose of storing two different types of wines (both reds and whites)
- The manufacturers got it spot on with the strength of the interior LED light; it provides just enough illumination to enhance the display appearance of the bottles but doesn’t eat up too much energy
- The wooden shelves are removable and can be collectively re-configured to accommodate larger wine bottles (this will inevitable lower the capacity of course)
- The unit maintains constant set temperatures very well, a feature partly contributed to by the minimized vibration
- You can fit and chill beer bottles too, so it’s an extensible cooler
- Trying to fit extra-large wine bottles would be pushing it a bit, but it would have been nice if re-configuring the shelves for more space went all the way
- The shelves appear to be little bit too small for the cooler (they seem like they were an afterthought, size-wise) and can slip out of the shelf-guides if pulled too far
The amateur collector of both red and white wines will find this to be the perfect sized cooler which does the job of storing wines at optimum temperatures well. It has a nice firm feel to it and is made of sound materials. Read more about this model.
Koldfront 16 Bottle Thermoelectric Wine Cooler
This 16-bottle thermoelectric wine cooler from Koldfront epitomizes the manufacturer’s emphasis on producing coolers for every budget and every type of wine enthusiast. With this particular cooler, the beginner wine connoisseur will have a nice unit to complement and accentuate their interior spaces, while enjoying a temperature cooling range of between 52-64F.
Witness the Peltier thermoelectric cooling effect at its best and enjoy good, silent and effective short-term storage perhaps of your red wines (given the temperature range).
- Takes up very little space but somehow manages to accommodate up to 16 bottles so you can display and chill a sizeable wine selection
- The slight tint to the door’s glass blocks out UV rays and preserves your wines’ quality while providing a flattering view of your collection
- Your wines get sound thermal insulation as a result of the magnetic gasket’s airtight sealing
- The temperature range of 52 to 64F means that this isn’t a practical cooler for collectors and enthusiasts of sparkling and white wines
- When the cooler is fully packed, it can be a bit of a mission to reach the unit’s light switch
- You can’t quite set the cooler to an exact temperature because of the absence of a digital control unit
Wine enthusiasts whose appetite for wine collection is just starting to take off will particularly find great joy out of owning this wine cooler. This is true even if you don’t have all that much space available in your kitchen or anywhere else in your home where you want to put a 16-bottle capacity wine cooler. Otherwise we’d honestly proclaim this to be a wine cooler meant for short term use (not for storing vintages that mature with time or anything like that).
Koldfront 32 Bottle Free Standing Dual Zone Wine Cooler
In terms of style and design, this 32-bottle wine cooler from Koldfront maintains the standards of their 7 Series. It delivers very efficient performance while looking good. Your wine will be presented in a very sleek and elegant display, while the two cooling zones give you the flexibility of storing and chilling all your different types of red and white wines. The top cooling zone has a range of 54-66F, while the bottom cooling zone’s range spans from 46-66F. Both cooling zones are easily controlled via the centrally positioned control panel and LCD temperature display.
- Does well to maintain a narrow temperature fluctuation range as a result of its thermoelectric cooling mechanism; very energy efficient
- Dual temperature zones deliver on their intended job of providing two different storage compartments for two different types of wines
- Characteristic of larger-capacity Koldfront coolers, the wooden shelves are removable and can be re-configured to fit larger bottles, although this expectantly limits the 32-bottle capacity
- Claret-type wine bottles are just about the only bottles which are a perfect match and allow you to use the indicated 32-bottle capacity, otherwise having to cram in other types of bottles will scratch the labels
- This isn’t the most durable wine cooler around, certainly not nearly as durable as Koldfront coolers get so it’d best be earmarked for short-term use and not for long-term storage of your more prized wines in your collection
While this wine cooler would in all fairness not make any of our top features lists, it’s a perfect match for wine enthusiasts seeking a specific purpose. It does exactly what it says it does and works out to be good value for the money you’ll spend to keep a wide selection of your regularly consumed wines chilled and ready for decanting.
Koldfront is the Epitome of Product Diversification
As a discerning wine enthusiast who naturally seeks out the best accessories to enhance your winning experience, your search for the ultimate wine cooler will inevitably be a broad-based one. You will come across many different wine coolers from many manufacturers. Unless you’ve been living under your classic basement-type wine cellar (if you have one, that is), you will inevitably have come across the wine cooler manufacturer names of Koldfront and EdgeStar, often mentioned within very close proximity to each other. The inquisitiveness of a wine enthusiast will have subsequently led you to the discovery of the fact that these two brands emerged from the same parent company, Living Direct. But what exactly are the implications of two seemingly different wine cooler brands from the same parent company? More importantly, since we’re specifically focusing on the Koldfront half of Living Direct’s wine cooler brands, what does this say of Koldfront wine coolers?
The answer is diversification…But why is this good for you, especially if you have your heart set on a Koldfront cooler, largely due to some pre-identified Koldfront-specific product characteristics, like a wide functionality range and design-style range?
The fundamentals of enjoying a high quality of life (as many wine enthusiasts aspire to) are centered on choice and the Koldfront range of wine coolers can be largely said to be an extension of the EdgeStar range of wine coolers. More choice in wine cooling unit models means you have more integrated features to choose from. This ultimately gives you the opportunity to prospect wine coolers with the Living Direct promise of compact units that fit into every possible wine enthusiast’s lifestyle as an expected standard. Your only remaining consideration would then be on how you plan to use your wine cooler, with Koldfront coolers depicting the kind of diversity that even includes units that can be used for commercial purposes.
So Why Would You Choose a Koldfront Wine Cooler Then?
The most likely reason (which in a sense has already been addressed by the fact that you’re looking at EdgeStar or Koldfront wine coolers) would be the reality that you’re probably limited for space. You want a wine cooler which will get the job of chilling your wines done, while taking up as little space as possible. That’s exactly what Koldfront’s range of wine coolers offers; lifestyle products that really enhance your wine enthusiast lifestyle, catering to all your wine storage and cooling needs. There is a Koldfront wine cooler for you, whether you’re a budding collector or indeed if you’re a regular entertainer and simply seek to have your wines on hand, chilled to the perfect temperature.
Wine enthusiasts’ preferences are about as diverse as the grape varieties used to make the various wines in the world. Naturally then, you’d have your own preferences by way of how you like your wines, and certainly what types of wines you already have in your collection. If you’re an exclusive lover of red wines or if you rather prefer whites (or both), or perhaps if you even occasionally love to indulge in some sparkling wines, you wouldn’t have to look too hard to find a Koldfront wine cooler that caters to all those sets of needs; whether collectively or individually.
Since maintaining the integrity of your wine is, in fact the main concern you’d likely have, Koldfront units are particularly renowned for maintaining the ideal chilling temperature set by you as the user to strictly operate within ideal wine storage temperature conditions. You can count on these units to depict negligible to very little temperature fluctuations, something which particularly shines through when the seasons transition from winter through summer, or the other way around.
Generally, small and compact Koldfront wine coolers make use of thermoelectric cooling technology, which means they not only run quietly on your countertop but also save you a lot of electricity.
Koldfront Wine Cooler Comparison Chart
|PRODUCT||PRICE||Product Dimensions||Adjustable Temperature Range||Number of Shelves|
|KOLDFRONT 24 BOTTLE FREE STANDING DUAL ZONE WINE COOLER||$||33.5" H x 14" W x 22.25" D||54-66°F||6|
|KOLDFRONT 18 BOTTLE FREE STANDING DUAL ZONE WINE COOLER||$||25.33" H x 14" W x 22.25" D||54-66°F||4|
|KOLDFRONT 16 BOTTLE THERMOELECTRIC WINE COOLER||$||20 1/2" H x 17 1/4" W x 20 1/4" D||52 – 64°F||3|
|KOLDFRONT 32 BOTTLE FREE STANDING DUAL ZONE WINE COOLER||$||33.5" H x 15.75" W x 22.5" D||54-66°F||6|
Based on our own experience (sampled from a diverse group of wine enthusiasts) and from liaising with a number of consumers, the overall consensus on Koldfront wine coolers is a satisfactory one. Their quiet operation repeatedly comes up as a significantly pleasant feature, followed by their deliberately designed portability. As your knowledge of wine grows and your enthusiasm leads you to larger wine collection, you can always get an upgrade to a larger cooler as per your needs. However, if it’s a compact, durable, stylish and effective wine cooler you require, hopefully, our Koldfront wine cooler reviews have brought you closer to the right decision for you.